1. All parties/ participants must read and AGREE to the “TERMS and CONDITIONS” . There will be a box to check online that Indicates that, yes, you agree to abide by them.
2. BOTH PARTIES agree to keep CONFIDENTIAL one another’s identifying and personal information including but not limited to each other’s name, address, phone number, email, family information (finances, family-member names, ages etc.).
3. BOTH PARTIES agree to exchange first names only. Parties will avoid exchanging last names for PRIVACY and SAFETY purposes.
4. BOTH PARTIES agree to exchange phone numbers AND emails. If a person anticipates difficulty with COMMUNICATION, the person must provide more than one means of contacting them, i.e., an additional phone number or email. Phone #’s are mandatory. If there are extreme circumstances where an email works better, please indicate in the “Comments” section of the form.
5. BOTH PARTIES agree to meet at a PUBLIC location during DAYLIGHT (i.e. a parking lot of a big-chain store or a mall. Do NOT meet at a private residence. Do NOT give each other your street addresses.
6. BOTH PARTIES must have reliable TRANSPORTATION and a back-up plan in case their first means of transportation fails (i.e. if you have an older car, have had recent car problems, have financial or other barriers to using a cab or bus service.)
7. GIFTS must be NEW and UNWRAPPED. This is for safety and security purposes. The wish-granter may provide gift-wrapping supplies (i.e. new rolls of wrapping paper, rolls of tape) at their own discretion.
8. CHECK YOUR EMAIL and LISTEN TO YOUR VOICEMAILS DAILY. If we do not hear from you after 5 attempts (whether by email and/or phone), you will be removed from the list.
9. BOTH PARTIES must keep HV Kids “in the know” about the plans for meeting, including times and places, and inform us when the gifts have been delivered/ received.
10. Wish-requesters should be GRACIOUS & MODEST in their requests. Requests for expensive brands, video gaming systems/new games and costly technology are frowned upon.